Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fixing our eyes on Jesus

How easy it is to say these few words and not let it affect our everyday lives.  The verdict is in I am "guilty" but there is another verdict I am "forgiven".  As a Christian do you ever find yourself in Paul's shoes? " For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Romans 7:15  I would love to say that since we have given our lives over to Christ that we are now perfect on this earth and do not sin anymore, but that is not the case.  We still have our flesh and can very much listen to what it is calling us to do but the good thing is that We Don't Have To!  Unbelievers do not have this choice because they are Slaves to sin but as believers we have the Freedom to say No.  Just recently I found myself in this battle of the flesh and spirit wanting to do right but also wanting to share a piece of my nasty heart with someone.  Why is this so hard? I believe it is because even if it is for a little while I seem to get just a little satisfaction out of it, truth be told.  The problem is that sin only satisfies for a little while, which keeps you coming back for more.  Christ is the only one who can Satisfy but when our eye's are off of Him and on to self, or you name it, then we open ourselves up to sin and it's destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment