Monday, March 28, 2011

Current Times

Radiation leak found outside Japan nuclear reactor....  This is the headline I found on my computer this morning.  Do you ever find yourself detached from the situation because it's not in your areaThis was a conversation my husband and I had.  Until 911 hit us we didn't seem to pay much attention to the wars going on around us.  Why is that?  Is it because we are so consumed with ourselves that we really don't notice unless it directly affects us?  I am so thankful that we don't live where there are wars breaking out all the time but I did not get to pick where I was born.  Same goes for everyone else out there, they didn't get to pick where they would be born and into what family and so my heart goes out to all who are weary and heavy burdened.  May we have a heart that would pray for Japan and all who are suffering.  May we not take for granted the clean water we are drinking today and the abundance of food we have access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment