Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Power in the Ring

A few years ago I took my oldest daughter on a weekend getaway to go through a CD/book on "Passport to Purity."  I really enjoyed some one on one time with my daughter but it wasn't all fun as we discussed what she would call "embarrassing topics."  At the end of the weekend I presented her with a necklace with her name inscribed on the back.  This was just a reminder of the beautiful gift God has given her.  Later my husband replaced it with a purity ring.  Some of you may ask "what is a purity ring?"  Well this is exactly what a few classmates asked just recently.  A few nights ago I went on a walk with my daughter and as we were talking about the day she said "Mom, I need to get my ring cleaned."  I went on to ask her if she had anyone ask her about why she was wearing a ring.  She said "yes, two girls asked her at school and she told them her dad gave it to her as a reminder to keep herself for her husband"  then she said her friends were going to ask their dads to give them a ring and that one of them had a boyfriend who was pressuring her to have sex.  I was speechless just thinking that such a small thing could speak so loudly to her classmates.  She went on to tell me that a few boys asked her about it and she gave them the same response and they just turned around in their chairs.  I am so grateful to have the opportunity to share with my daughters the importance God places on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment