Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wait for the Lord

Psalms 27:14  "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

 This is where I am at right now.  I can't tell you how strong this desire is in me to be serving in our ministry roles overseas but God is saying wait.  Since we have been back home raising our support, we have had many opportunities to serve right here in our home town.  It really has been neat to grow closer to fellow believers in the area and just when you think you are pouring into them God starts using them in your life to encourage you!  We have been so blessed by the body of Christ since we have been back but I find myself thinking a lot about our destination date.  Travis reminded me again just recently that it is not about the destination date but the Journey God has us on now.  Sometimes I need reminding that ministry is right in front of me everyday and I could be missing out on an opportunity God has for me today.  For any of you out there that feel like you may not be making a difference, remember that God gives us opportunities everyday to show his love.  As Proverbs 12:25 says "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up."

No comments:

Post a Comment