Monday, June 20, 2011

Answered Prayers!

I was sooo encouraged this weekend that I have to share it with you all.  My girls went to a camp with the youth group of our church this past week.  They just got back Saturday and shared all about it.  One thing I should mention is that Travis and I have been praying that God would work in their lives to bring them closer to Him and to each other as sisters.  Well, God was at work because they both came home and said this was the Best camp they ever went to.  Both agreed that God was working on them and how he used two girls there who were half sisters who didn't have a great relationship and how one of them was taken to Urgent Care because of a persistent side pain that wouldn't go away.  While the other campers including her sister waited they all started crying thinking this could be the last time the see her again.  The one sister was thinking about the last thing she said to her and how that really effected her.  As my girls sat back and watched this emotional sister they became emotional thinking about how they treated each other.  Wow! I was so encouraged to hear them share how God was tugging on their hearts to be kinder to each other.  Sierra my oldest daughter shared with me another amazing story about her friend from school she invited to come to camp.  She said she thought her friend was saved  but the 4th night they were there that her friend came up to her and said "Guess what Sierra, I'm Saved!"  she told her that she talked with God in her bed that night and accepted him.  Wow! both my girls said everyone started crying because she was soooo happy!  I am so grateful for God allowing my girls to go to this camp and experience Him in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment