Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Being Ready

Have you been asked about your faith lately? Do you have an answer to the hope that is in you?  Recently I was approached by two Jehovah's Witnesses who came knocking on my door.  They began to state their beliefs and I shared mine but as the conversation was going I began to become upset because I knew they were not speaking truth.  I saw that I was beginning to defend God instead of finding a crack in their belief system that would put doubt into their mind.  I was more concerned about making statements instead of finding out how they came to their conclusions.  The fact of the matter is God doesn't need a defender!  What this did do was strengthen what I already believed and brought me back to God's Word.  This my friends was only round 1 that day, I guess God thought I needed to have one more go at it, so later that afternoon I went out to my dads to check on his kittens while he was out of town.  My sister was there and her and I got into a conversation about God and her and her sons life. Round 2, Ding! She stated she is looking for her own answers about God and we went round and round for a good thirty minutes or so. As I was being yelled and cussed at everything inside of me wanted to leave but I knew God had me there for a purpose and I didn't want to blow this opportunity.  As the conversation was beginning to die I told her I wanted to talk further on this when emotions calm down and she agreed.  After all that, we have now been communicating through email and things seem to be going well.  I am grateful for that day I had because I want to be ready to have an answer to anyone at anytime who asks me about the hope I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment