Monday, January 9, 2012

Butterflies

Have you ever been anxious for something to come (good or bad) and you begin to feel flutters as if you had butterflies in the pit of your stomach?  Well, I have experienced this more than once in my lifetime and once again they have returned. It is a good reminder to me that when I feel this, there is something going on within me that I am anxious about.  Paul talks in Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." I have noticed that lately when I feel this, it is always because I have taken my eyes off Him and put them on to me and circumstances.  Isn't it interesting that when we focus on our situation or ourselves we can become filled with anxiety?  When we decide to turn it over to Christ and look to Him in it there becomes such a peace that is incomprehensible.  I am so grateful for God reminding me daily that I need Him, and I cannot do this alone

1 comment:

  1. My dear sister, I too have had many “butterflies” about you departure and the work ahead of you and my brother. A few weeks ago Michelle asked why I was so restless and I truly did not know. As I spent time asking and mostly listening I was reminded that you must be about our father’s work and that we will have an eternity together. So yes, trust your path, quiet your soul by listening, and be about our fathers work. It is time.
    Gen 31:49 May the LORD keep watch between you
    and me when we are away from each other.

    ReplyDelete