Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Night Before the Flight

The see ya laters have begun.  We traveled to Denver today to prepare for our 23 hours of flight tomorrow.  Leaving friends and family has not been real fun but as it was told to me yesterday " we have work to do now and have eternity to enjoy with friends."  So we must be about our fathers work.  Its just amazing to think God is allowing our family to be a part of what He is doing in this world.

Fears, no not really fear right now.  Nervous, no not really nervous right now.  Excited, yes excited to go where it's WARM!  Yes, very excited to be on to our next leg of this journey.  Looking forward to learning language and culture from the Papua New Guinea people.

I think the biggest prayer need I would have right now would be, well two fold.  First pray for my girls as they have no real clue to what they are walking into.  Fears I believe will really set in as we get off the plane in Port Morseby.  Just guessing the next several months we will have many tear filled evenings.  Second I need prayers that I can be the dad they will need during that time.  It's always hard to see your children hurting and I need to be strong for them, and my wife by keeping my focus on the Lord and taking the time to hear Him so I know how to be that man.

Thank you to our team!  We are your tools in Papua New Guinea so keep in touch.

Thanks
Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment