Monday, January 30, 2012

Good Times!

Ok so I thought I was over jet lag.  This morning I woke up at 3 and could not get back to sleep. So I thought the best time to use the internet is when everyone else on base is sleeping!  Yep, here it takes longer than dial up..so I did not think twice when I was up that early.  I have made a few mistakes here so far that I thought I would share with you.  The other morning I went for a walk on base and passed by a national so I thought I will use the little I know of Pisin.  I looked at her and said "apinun"  which means afternoon, but she just looked at me and gave me this weird look and then I realized it's not afternoon so I smacked my hand against my head and said "monin" which means of course morning...she laughed! Then I went down to the market the other day and saw some sweet potato and they were in groups of 4.  I gave the lady her money and I took "one", she looked at me and said "you take all" and I said "no, just one, thank you." and she said "no, you take all."  What I didn't realize was that they were in groups for a reason when you pay for it you get the whole group of 4. Then I laughed and they laughed with me or possibly at me.  I am certain this will not be the last of me (Nikki) making a fool of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment