Friday, January 27, 2012

Trusting God

We have now been in PNG for a little over a week and still trying to get over jet lag.  Brooke has done the best out of all of us!  You would wonder if she even traveled across the world.  This morning I finally woke up at 7 a.m. which is doing pretty good, considering we have been waking up around 2:30 and 3:00.  I am so glad God's promises are new each morning, that he gives us a new day to seek Him out and find Him in everything.  I have found myself looking to Him more and more as new things seem uncomfortable and scary.  I pray that my kids will go to Him as well as this isn't an easy thing to do by yourself.  I find that when God allowed Travis and I to come over a year and a half ago that I had similar feelings then and they are starting to resurface.  I will never forget when Pastor Giles taught one Sunday about the journey.  He said, "It's not about where you are going in the journey, it's who you are seeking in that journey." We have had our moments of fear that has just griped us and if you allow that to consume you it affects everything you think and do.  Travis and I have had good talks and continue to speak truth to each other and our girls.  It was so refreshing to hear another couple last night share what God is doing in a tribe they are working with.  When you understand God's heartbeat it takes the focus off your circumstances and puts it back where it should be, on Him.  Trusting God isn't easy but I think that is why it is called trust, who trusts in things they see? But if we trust in what we don't see because of what we know of God what a beautiful thing comes of that.  Monday Travis will be going into a tribe to help build for about a week, before we start our orientation.  I would ask for prayer for safe travels and great fellowship with the other men going. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment